FREELANCE Business Consultant | 2012 to Present
Focusing on small business owners, I consult personally-referred clients exclusively. My strategic guidance addresses both overarching and highly acute business challenges. From coaching to managing, I work with an expansive variety of partners and sole proprietors in many industries.
- Planning and execution of market research
- Business plan development
- Identification of additional revenue streams
- Comprehensive strategy programs
RENTIVIST | Co-Founder | 2014 to 2017
I conceived of Rentivist, a sharing economy, web application after years of witnessing individuals, couples, and businesses collect items for events and struggle with what to do with them afterward. Rentivist aimed to connect those who had stuff to rent, with those who were looking to rent it. The platform was ultimately acquired by one of its investors.
- Naming and branding
- User persona creation and market testing
- Information architecture
- Product pivots and application integrations
- Operational and marketing plan development
- User experience research and design
BASH COLLECTIVE | Owner | 2012 to 2016
- produce live events such as fashion shows, business launches, and weddings
- advised venues on inclusions, pricing structures, and operational modes
- strategized on design and space use and expense optimization
- created promotional and management plans and developed new revenue streams for venues
JULIANE JAMES PLACE | Owner | 2010 to Present
Juliane James Place is an open-space event venue I created to disrupt traditional venue offerings in the upper Midwest. JJP is a sought-after wedding space, having garnered regional and national best-of accolades. In operating JJP, I created an event production and venue management company called Bash Collective that managed weddings at the Southern Theater and JJP.
- reated strategy and business growth plan
- Provided staff for growing event businesses
- Produced fashion shows, business launches, and events with budgets up to $250k
SERVICE EMPLOYEES INTERNATIONAL UNION | Strategic Researcher | 2007 to 2011
SEIU is the second largest labor union in the United States. My function was to become a subject-matter expert on topics of interest to the organizing efforts of the union. I creatively applied traditional and non-traditional research methods to identify industry trends and develop innovative strategies to advance union goals. I structured strategic partnerships with for-profit entities and local governmental and non-governmental organizations in Connecticut, Illinois, Nevada, and New Mexico.
- Legislative + policy research
- Managed FOIA survey of over 6,000 entities
- Corporate research + financial analysis
- Community outreach + mobilization